A Nationwide Celebration of Makers
Manufacturing Day is a national initiative that puts a spotlight on manufacturing. In New Mexico, it’s a month-long spotlight on New Mexico-made products and the more than 27,000 New Mexicans working in the manufacturing industry. It’s an opportunity to enhance public knowledge about the economic impact of manufacturing in our state, highlight resources, and introduce students to careers in manufacturing.Download Flyer
Celebrated every October, events include tours of manufacturing facilities and presentations that demonstrate the vast range of products made in New Mexico. Events are open to the public unless otherwise noted and are listed here as they are organized. Join us!
If you are a manufacturer interested in hosting a tour, download the Host Toolkit and email us at mfgday [at] NewMexicoMEP.org to put your company on the Manufacturing Day map.
Manufacturing Day 2021 Events
- Friday, October 1, Farmington | Outdoor Economics Conference Info & Registration Link
- Friday, October 1, Santa Fe | New Collar Network: 3D Printing Job Training Fair Info & Registration Link
- Saturday, October 2, Farmington | Tour of San Juan College Quality Center for Business and The Big Idea Makerspace Private tour for members of the New Mexico Outdoor Recreation Business Alliance (endeavOR)
- Friday, October 15, Kirtland | Mfg Day 2021 at Bond Wilson Technical Center Info & Registration
- Tuesday, October 19, Albuquerque | Student Tours of Manufacturing and Technology Companies at Sandia Science & Technology Park Private tours for Technology Leadership High School students
- Wednesday, October 20, Jarales (near Belen) | Public Tours of Valencia Flour Mill Info & Registration
- Wednesday, October 20, Las Vegas | Student Tours of Old Wood Private tours for Rio Gallinas Middle School students
- Wednesday, October 20, Virtual | Conversation and Connections Info & Registration
- Wednesday, October 20, Virtual | New Mexico Economic Development Department Northwest Business Finance Fair Registration
- Thursday, October 21, Rio Rancho | Public Tour of pinball parts maker Mezel Mods Info & Registration
- Thursday, October 21, Farmington | New Mexico MEP Value Stream Mapping Workshop Info & registration
- Thursday, October 21, Virtual | United Nations Day Project Rocky Mountain Region Broadband Initiative Celebration Info & Registration
- Tuesday, October 26 through Friday, October 29, Virtual | New Mexico MEP Advanced Manufacturing Summit Info & Link to Registration
- Wednesday, October 27, Virtual | Women in Manufacturing Panel Discussion Info & Registration
- Wednesday, October 27, Albuquerque | Student Tours of OGB Architectural Millwork Private tours for ACE Leadership High School students
- Thursday, October 28, Velarde| Public Tour and Wine Tasting of Black Mesa Winery and Cidery Info & Registration
View all of the 550 Corridor events celebrating manufacturing along the U.S. Route 550 highway corridor from Bernalillo to the Colorado state line. (Including some of the events listed above and others pending confirmation.)
October is Manufacturing Month
We look forward to again engaging students, community leaders, and the public in tours of manufacturing facilities in October 2021.