“Cradle to Career: Learning, Growing, Sustaining” is the theme for the series of events celebrating manufacturing careers, technology, and resources in Northwest New Mexico along the US-550 Corridor and beyond.
Live and Virtual Events Along the 550 Corridor
- First Lego League Superpowered Challenge Preview
- Rural Women in Manufacturing Outdoor Market, Farmington: Saturday, Oct. 15, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm Download flyer.
- Rapid Kata Workshop by New Mexico MEP, Farmington: Tuesday, Oct. 18; Download flyer. Register by email – DeniseW [at] NewMexicoMEP.org
- Women in Manufacturing discussion hosted by WESST-Farmington and New Mexico MEP, Virtual: Friday, Oct. 21, 12:00 – 1:00 pm Register.
- Mfg Day at Naaba Ani Elementary School featuring robotics and presentations: Monday, Oct. 24, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm, Bloomfield ~ By Invitation
- Mfg Day at Bond Wilson Technical Center, Kirtland: Info to come
- Mfg Day at San Juan College Makerspace “The Big Idea,” Farmington: Info to come
Back to main event page for all New Mexico Mfg Day 2022 events.
Northwest Corridor event organizers, in partnership with the United Nations Association of the USA (UNA-USA) and the Coalition of Sustainable Communities, have asked local manufacturers to identify challenges they face or improvements they desire based on sustainable development goals outlined by the United Nations. Sustainable goals fall under one of four areas:
Challenge statements submitted by businesses are the basis for a competition that asks students to help manufacturers find solutions. Community partners serve as judges, and student entries will be shared with manufacturers and showcased throughout October in live and virtual forums.
Related Downloads and Links:
- Cradle to Career Theme flyer
- Five Actions All Businesses Can Take
- Manufacturing Myths Debunked
- Manufacturing Sectors Defined
- Spreadsheet of Participating Organizations
- Manufacturing Sustainability Directories & Resources
- Thinking about Automation? We can help.
- ISO 14001 Brochure
- Resources to Organize your Small Business – panel discussion video
- What is Mfg Day?
Informational materials from our participating businesses and organizations:
- Cals. Micro Co.
- UNM B Lab ppt
- Girls Into Tech Program
- 2022 Made2Order Robotics Video
- EMNRD Renewable Education Program
- ETV Sustainable Manufacturing Day Brief
- UNM Engineering Business Assistance Programs
- Rural Efficient Business Program (REBP) Overview
- Implementation of Core SDG Indicators – Course Brochure
- Benefits of a Business Improvement District (BID)
- Four Corners Economic Development: The Year in Review
- Navajo Technical University, Center for Advanced Manufacturing
- NM MEP – UNA Mfg Day Presentation Slide Deck
- New Mexico Workforce Connection Services